Bhushan Khatri at 11:10 a.m. on 29 June 12
Request to all legal experts, advisors & subject Lawyers,
In a criminal matter where 7 Police Officers, from the post of Sr PI to Hawaldar, are involved in providing "Illegal Taba Bandobast" of a property by helping break the locks of the Godown to the accused persons, without any court orders, a FIR comes to be registered against them with minor bailable sections of only trespass after their written confession to the Commissioner of Police Thane that they were involved in providing "Illegal Taba Bandobash" of the property at the instructions and orders of the DCP, about a couple of years back . A Departmental inquiry has been initiated by the DGP's office to DCP-Zone-II, Bhiwandi against these Officers. These Officers are allowed to retain or appoint 2 retired Police officers as Inquiry Officers and all the witnesses are interrogated by them. Questions asked by these Officers are of Civil nature such as when did the owner or the processor of the property buy these godowns, what are the documents he is holding, is he of a aggressive nature, had police Bandobast not provided to the accused, would there have been a quarrel, leading to murder of the accused. Is there any family or civil dispute between the complainant and the accused? In other words they are trying to prove that it is a Civil dispute and Police Officers were there at the site to avoid an quarrel between the complainant and the accused inspite of their confession to the Crime with the CP.
My query is that:
1. Are they following the correct procedure?
2. Are these Inquiring Officers allowed to interrogate the witness & the Complainant in the DCP's presents?
3. has the Complainant also the right to appoint an inquiry Officer to answers to their queries and interrogate the accused police officers, which the DCP stated there is no provision in law for the complainant or the witness to do so?
4. Can they ask question of civil nature to prove a civil dispute instead of the act committed by the accused officers.
5. and if what they are doing is wrong, what steps should I take, whom should I approach & complaint?
Thanks & regards,
Anonymous User at 8:57 p.m. on 02 Sept. 12
what procedure (quote rule) speaks about Authority to conduct inquiry in Police Department against:-
1.Constable to HC
2.ASI, SI, Inspector
for misconduct/indiscipline/absent from leave etc my email id is email@example.com
Anonymous User at 12:55 p.m. on 10 Oct. 12
Anonymous User at 12:56 p.m. on 10 Oct. 12
Anonymous User at 2:32 p.m. on 11 Jan. 13
Anonymous User at 2:33 p.m. on 11 Jan. 13