Section 2 in The Elephants' Preservation Act, 1879
2. [ Repeal.] Rep. by the Repealing and Amending Act, 1930 (8 of 1930 ), s. 3 and Sch. II.
1. This Act has been declared to be in force in the Angul District by the Angul Laws Regulation, 1936 (5 of 1936 ). It has been amended in its application to Bengal by the Elephants' Preservation (Bengal Amendment) Act. 1932 (Ben. 5 of 1932 ), in its application to the district if Sambalpur and Agency Tracts of Ganiam and Koraput by the Elephants' Preservation (Amendment) Regulation, 1938 (Orissa Reg. 1 of 1938 ) and in Assam by Assam Act 14 of 1959.
2. The words" British Burma" rep. by the A. O. 1937.
3. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order, 1956, for" Govt. of a Part A State or a Part C State".
4. The words" with the previous sanction of the G. G. in C." rep. by Act 38 of 1990, s. 2 and Sch. I.
5. The Act has been extended to the following places namely:- Kila Sukindah, in Cuttack, see Calcutta Gazette, 1882, Pt. 1, p. 278; the Districts of Midnalour, see. Ben. R. and O.; the Districts of Kamrup, Darrang, Naugong, Sibsagar, Lakhimpur, Cachar, the Naga Hills and the Khasi and Jaintia Hills, see Assam Gazette. 1880, p. 340; the Garo Hills (with the exception of certain portions of the estates of the zamindar of Bijni), see Assam Gazette, 1899, Pt. II. D. 431; the Eastern Duars in the District of Goalpara. see Assam Gazette. 1883. Pt. I. p. 2; the Makokehand Sub- division of the Naga Hills District, see Notification No 168-J., printed, As.-, am Gazette. 1891, Pt. IT, p. 36; the Tushai Hills, see Gazette of India, 1898, Pt. IT, p. 345, Notification No. 923-P., dated April 4, 1898; the NEFA Area with modificatins by Reg. 1 of 1962.
6. Ins. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order. 1956.